In this fast and ever-changing world, we set out to achieve many things and often find ourselves losing our sanity. The main reason for this is that we don’t let our body rest or our body cannot go into rest or to sleep. This condition is known as Insomnia.
Best Proven Remedies For Insomnia
Insomnia is a big problem in today’s world and the most common reasons for this are lack of exercise, chronic illness, depression, anxiety, bad sleeping habits, or timings. More than 10 million cases of Insomnia are reported every year just in India only.
There are many treatments for this ranging from simple remedial home hacks to sleeping pills advised by the doctor.
If you are suffering from Insomnia below are the tips for beating it
- Good sleeping schedule – We all know binge watching at late nights are fun but this has a toll on body when done on a regular basis. One should have a proper time for their sleep. Make a schedule as of when to go to bed and what time to wake up and follow this schedule on a daily basis.
- Limit your caffeine intake – Caffeine acts as a stimulant to stop you from falling asleep. Caffeine causes difficulty in initiating sleep and one may experience frequent awakening at nights due to high caffeine intake. Make sure your caffeine intake is limited and there is a check to it. It is said that caffeine stays in your body for 24 hours, so never take a coffee before going to bed.
- Eliminate alcohol – Alcohol may help you fall asleep faster but also leads to frequent awakening at night and causes the body to dehydrate a lot. Make sure to drink plenty of water if you are taking in alcohol so that you can sleep properly.
- Limit your nap time – One might think napping is the best way to catch up on the missed sleep but it is not so the case. Your body`s sleep pattern changes and this causes irritation at night time as the body doesn’t know if it needs to shut down now.
- Regular exercise – People who exercise regularly are found to have a sound sleep. It should be noted that one should not exercise right before going to bed as this activates a stimulant effect on the body which is not good. It is advised to exercise at least 3-4 hours prior to bed time.
- Put away your cell phone – Bed is just for sleeping and relaxing. Many people carry their cell phone to bed and spend hours scrolling on the social media sites which leads to a bad sleep cycle. Keep away your electronics 30 mins prior to bed time and take on a book which will help you fall asleep faster.
- Do not over eat or over drink – If you eat a lot before your bed time or take up on a snack before bed time then this activates your digestive system which won’t allow your body to fall asleep fast. Similarly, if you drink too much fluid before your bed time you might have the urge to visit bathroom frequently disturbing your sleep cycle.
- Make a good bed – The bed is the most important thing for your sleep cycle. Make sure the bedding is clean and fresh and there are no items on the bed apart from the blankets. Make sure the bed is comfortable and the room temperature is good and there is not much light which would cause irritation to the eyes.
- Leave all your worries aside – leave all your work and your schedule aside once you get into the bed, if not then you would find yourself thinking or reiving about your daily tasks and planning for the next day. Perhaps give 10 mins before entering your bed for planning and reviewing your day.
- Participate in therapy – There are many cognitive therapies which are being conducted by professionals who help deal with insomnia in a correct way. There are many support groups who conduct these therapies and the results are very astonishing.
All the above methodologies are very helpful in curbing Insomnia and helping one get quality sleep. If the above methods are not helpful kindly visit a doctor and follow a course.
Also, Read and Share With Your Loved Ones: Best Sleeping Positions To Try If You Have Lower Back Pain!