If your hormones are going haywire, it could be due to the low estrogen levels in your body. Lower estrogen levels can affect your health and mood. But fortunately, there are things you can do to increase the level of estrogen. In this article, we discuss how to increase the level of estrogen with the help of supplements and natural ways to boost estrogen in your body. Let’s dig in.
How To Increase Estrogen Levels With Supplements?
As we all know estrogen is a natural hormone found in men and women. Keeping estrogen at a healthy level is very important for both men and women. But women need more estrogen for conceiving children. During menopause, estrogen levels in women decrease significantly. Let us know the simple tips that can help you increase the level of estrogen in your body.
What happens when the estrogen level drops?
The estrogen levels might drop either due to genetic defects or poor nutrition, the most common risk factor for low estrogen level is age. When there is a decrease in levels of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone in the body, it can increase the risk of various diseases like; It can disturb sexual functions and increase the risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease, and osteoporosis. These reiterate the fact that estrogen is essential to maintain good health.
How to increase estrogen?
- First, make sure you are eating a healthy balanced diet it helps the endocrine system which produces estrogen to work properly.
- Moderate exercises are also important to stay healthy but you have to avoid excessive exercise because it can lower your estrogen levels
- Being underweight can also reduce estrogen production so make sure you are eating enough to maintain healthy body weight.
Increase estrogen naturally
To maintain estrogen at a healthy level it is important to get proper nutrition. Here you have some estrogen-rich foods you should include in your diet.
- FLAX SEEDS: Flax seeds are the richest source of estrogen, and they top the list of foods containing phytoestrogen. Flax seeds help in lowering cholesterol levels in the body since they contain dietary fiber and omega3 fatty acids. They can easily be incorporated into your diet.
- SOY: Soy products like soy milk, tempeh, and miso have isoflavones that are known to boost estrogen levels. There are many benefits of eating soy foods like reducing the symptoms of menopause as it is a popular estrogen-boosting food.
- FRUITS: Not all fruits can boost estrogen. Strawberries and peaches are very healthy and also rich in phytoestrogens. These fruits can reduce the risk of cancer, stroke, other heart-related diseases, lower the risk of obesity and promote healthy hair and skin.
- NUTS: Nuts are the most filling foods to snack on. Nuts like pistachio, peanuts, and walnuts are an excellent source of estrogen
- DRY FRUITS: Dry fruits are another healthy addition to our list, they are known to boost estrogen levels in the body. Dry fruits are healthy snacks since they are the powerhouse of nutrients. They contain a significant amount of phytonutrients and can be had at any time of the day.
- RED WINE: Red wine contains a high amount of phytoestrogen, which can improve the functioning of hormones. Certain studies prove that limited consumption of this beverage can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Before incorporating phytoestrogens into your diet kindly talk to your since they may not be right for everyone.
Supplement to increase estrogen
Here you have some herbal supplements that may help you increase the level of estrogen. They are:
- Black cohosh: Black cohosh has been used for years to help treat many different symptoms of menopause and low estrogen levels. It has been proven that black cohosh helps to relieve night sweats, hot flashes, and severe mood swings. This supplement helps stimulate blood flow to the uterus and helps the body to naturally increase estrogen.
- Red clover: Red clover supplements have also been used for years to increase estrogen levels. It is a supplement that is easily tolerated by most people, which makes it a choice for many doctors to offer their patients who are having problems with low estrogen.
- Chaste tree berry: it works similarly to herbal maca as it allows the body to produce its natural hormones instead of replacing them. This herb will relieve breast pain and help treat infertility. A person who takes chaste tree berry regularly will begin to notice hormone levels regulating naturally.
Before consuming any of these supplements talk to your doctor first. Because herbal supplements can interfere with certain medications.
If natural remedies aren’t helping with your symptoms talk to your doctor, they can test your estrogen levels and recommend the best treatment which may include hormone replacement therapy. Hope this helps. Thank you.