You may or may not know that sometimes the reason behind your extreme mood swings, inability to lose weight, fatigue, irritating behavior, and similar reactions can also be an imbalance of hormones. Hormones play an important role in maintaining our overall health and hence should not be considered lightly.
What Type Of Foods Increases Testosterone And Leptin Levels?
However, the good news is that you can actually increase your hormones to the ideal level by consuming the right type of food items. Today, let us talk about what are testosterone and leptin hormones, and by eating what type of foods can we increase their levels in our blood.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is basically a male sex hormone that plays an important role in bone health, fertility, sexual function, and muscle mass. Though it is expected that with age, an individual’s testosterone levels will fall by 1 to 2 percent per year sometimes there can be other factors too which can highly influence this hormone level in your body. For instance, some of the factors which can reduce testosterone in your body can be an unhealthy lifestyle choice, medical conditions, or poor diet.
How can you increase testosterone?
Some medical treatments can successfully raise low testosterone levels, especially in younger men. However, you can also encourage your body to produce more testosterone by making some significant changes in your diet and lifestyle. Some of the food items, eating which can help you in increasing testosterone are:
- Ginger: Ginger has been used for medical and culinary purposes by people for centuries now. But recent research has shown that taking a daily ginger supplement for around 3 months duration can increase testosterone levels by 17.7%. Ginger can also improve sperm health in other ways.
- Pomegranate: It has been considered as a symbol of fertility and sexual function since ages but you may not know that its antioxidant levels can support your heart health and even reduce stress. Even drinking pure pomegranate juice for as long as 14 days can bring an average 24% increase in the hormone. It can also help you in having a better mood and improved blood pressure.
- Green leafy vegetables: Since childhood, we have been taught to eat green leafy vegetables. One of its many benefits is that vegetables such as spinach, kale, etc are rich in magnesium which is an important mineral in increasing the testosterone level in your body. Simple Foods That Reduce Belly Fat includes belly fat-fighting foods like avocados, bananas, yogurt, berries, green tea, etc.
What is Leptin?
Leptin is a hormone that is produced primarily by fat cells. It basically works by telling your brain how much fat reserves you have and when it should stop eating. In short, this hormone controls your metabolism, hunger, and energy expenditure as well.
Leptin levels in your body are directly related to the amount of body fat you have. When your body functions properly, your fat cells will produce leptin, which will, in turn, trigger the hypothalamus in the brain to reduce your appetite.
But the problem arises when you gain weight because now your body will become less sensitive to leptin and hence, you will develop a resistance to leptin. Though obese people have high leptin levels, their brains are unable to receive the signal to stop eating which will naturally result in weight gain and difficulty to lose weight. Also, Read our Resurge review to find out everything you need to know.
How can you Increase the Leptin level?
The good news is that you can actually maintain your leptin levels by doing some serious efforts like proper exercising, nutritious diet, and adopting a healthy lifestyle. Some of the food items eating which could help you maintain healthy leptin levels are:
- Protein-rich food: Protein-rich food is one of the best methods to increase your leptin sensitivity. Protein will not only increase leptin but will also energize your body, thus keeping you feeling fuller for longer.
- Leafy green vegetables: Vegetables like kale, spinach, and broccoli are especially good for your body because not only are they rich in fiber, which is known to boost leptin level but also because they give your body many needed nutrients without adding any extra unwanted fat.
- Fatty Fish: It is crammed with several essential vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids in rich quantities. Eating fatty fish will help your body in increasing leptin sensitivity and hence, you will be able to keep your body weight under check. A healthy heart and regulated cholesterol, are added benefits.
With small changes in your diet, you can actually increase testosterone and leptin. So, wait no more and do the needed changes!